Story so far…..
Jeeva started telling stories first to the toddlers as a teacher for 12 long years. She moved on to teach French for the high schoolers using her creative teaching techniques. Destiny turned to her favour when she met her schoolmate Radhika Menon, M.D.; Tulika publishers, in connection with her alma mater and presto she turned to marketing children’s books.This led her to translate
Cathy Spagnoli’s Priya’s Day. 15 years ago she was christened “Professional storyteller “at the launch of the same book. Lady luck, hard work and her passion for story telling has grown bounds and leap and today she has to her credit:
• Pioneered the storytelling movement in Tamil nadu.
• Represented her country at 17 international storytelling festivals around the globe.
• Has trained over 25,000 children and adults all over the world.
• Over 500 performances both solo and at international show case.
• Winner of the best entrepreneur award in the field of storytelling.
• Authored 8 children’s books both nationally and internationally.
• Translated 45 books into Tamil from English
• Winner of best children’s programme “Punnagai” in Singapore playing the key role OWL AUNTY
• Creative head-For a 3-D animation series “bommi and friends” for Image venture-an animation company India
Jeeva’s storytelling style leaves her audience spell-bound. She believes that she herself is the best prop for her storytelling.
Her repertoire of stories includes a wide range of Indian and Asian folk-tales, European tales, Family stories, True-life incidents, Cross-culture and modern Stories.
Jeeva’s Workshops are highly interactive and based on time-tested storytelling ideas. They have also proven effective for varied groups and ages. Topics include storytelling techniques, story development, communication skills through stories, exploring India and developing language skills through stories.
The settings for these programs include Schools, Colleges, Cultural Associations, Social Clubs, Hospitals, Libraries and Museums, Festivals, Community centres, Private parties… thereʼs been no limit so far.